• Most cost-effective mid-rise structural material.
• Shorter and predictable construction schedule.
• Highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building material.
• 100% recyclable.
• 68% industry recycling rate.
• Non-combustible - does not burn nor contribute fuel to the spread of a fire.
• Inorganic - will not rot, warp, split, crack or creep.
• Dimensionally stable - does not expand or contract with moisture content.
• Consistent material quality - produced in strict accordance with national standards, no regional variations.
The New Choice
Benefits to the Builder
• Substantial discounts on builders risk insurance.
• Lighter than other framing materials.
• Easy material selection - no need to cull or sort the pile and small punch list.
• Saves job-site time with ease of panelization off-site.
• Straight walls and square corners.
• Windows and doors open and close as they should.
• Less scrap and waste (2% for steel vs. 20% for lumber).
• Price stability - price spikes are extremely rare.
• Consumer perceives steel as better.
Benefits to the Consumer
There are many reasons why homeowners are turning to steel framing:
• High strength results in safer structures, less maintenance and slower aging of structure.
• Fire safety - doesn't burn or add fuel to the spread of a house fire.
• Not vulnerable to termites.
• Not vulnerable to any type of fungi or organism, including mold.
• Less probability of foundation problems - less weight results in less movement.
• Less probability of damage in an earthquake.
• Lighter structure with stronger connections results in less seismic force.
• Less probability of damage in high winds.
• Stronger connections, screwed versus nailed.
Why Use Steel Framing?
There are many reasons why steel framing has come to the forefront as one of the best and most feasible alternative building materials for residential and commercial construction. Steel is a superior construction material with many benefits.